Subscribe:

Labels

Friday, October 5, 2012

Harbor Seals!

Last week, I went on a trip to San Diego with my family. I had one thing that I desperately wanted to do: go to La Jolla Children's Pool and see seals. Of course, they feature prominantly in Legasea, but I also worked with them when I worked in zoology at Sea World.

On our first morning there, we got up early and headed out to La Jolla. But as soon as we got there, we saw something that sent my heart crashing into my stomach.
Yep, that's right. Fog. Tons and tons of fog. There are actually seals in this picture, but you'd never know it because of the fog.
But, we persevered and followed the sidewalk down to the children's pool, so named because it was created as a safe place for children to play in the ocean. Guess who else discovered it was a safe place?
It was still foggy, but I was able to get some decent pictures.



That's me, gazing gleefully down at the seals. I think I floated on air for the rest of the day.

4 comments:

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Awesome pictures! I'm glad the fog did not spoil your day and your fun!

Melinda said...

I love how that gray seal is staring at you like, "What you looking at?" Fun!

mshatch said...

I love the grey spotted guy (gal?), too. And boy don't you look happy :)

Amy Parker said...

Awww! They are so cute!

Post a Comment