Subscribe:

Labels

Sunday, March 14, 2010

What I am Reading

Day 3 in the

Spring Break Reading Challenge

The challenge today was to share the book I am currently reading. Well, that poses a bit of a problem since I am always in the middle of about 4 or 5 books. For my purposes today, I have narrowed it down to the one I've spent the most time reading in the past few days, Gone by Michael Grant.


It tells the story of a small town of children who suddenly find themselves without a single person over the age of 14. Oh, and lets add the fact that they appear to be trapped inside a dome (nicknamed The Fayz), and many of the children are developing supernatural abilities.

I read the first hundred pages or so online on the Harper Teen website, and was intrigued enough to reserve a copy from my library. It's told from multiple points of view from several children within The Fayz, each with a unique voice and perspective. Each chapter is titled with a countdown clock, and while I know there are sequels so the children most likely don't get out of The Fayz within this book, I can't help but wonder what the clock is counting down to, and am excited to keep reading.

Want to learn more? Check out these websites.
The Fayz is a blog written from someone inside the dome.
Micheal Grant's Harper Teen website and blog

1 comments:

Karin Perry said...

I enjoyed GONE and HUNGER. I'm looking forward to LIES. Thanks for participating in the Spring Break Reading Challenge.
Karin

Post a Comment